tisdag, juli 04, 2006

It's been a while..

Yup. It's been way to long since I last updated you guys.
I can say to my defense that it's been a very slow week. Almost nothing happened before friday. But friday. Ujujuj, I must say!
One of the best days so far in this country.

We took a slow morning, had a lecture at 10.30 about ceramics. Interesting. Afterwards we were put on a bus and had a onehour trip ahead of us.
What occured to me during the trip though was that everything in this country looks the same. It doesn't feel like you're actually leaving one town for another, but rather that the town extends to whatever place you're going to. Or that you drive around in circles in the same town. The buildings all look alike, the construction of the town is the same as the last and you can't tell anything apart.
Or at least I can't.
Anyways. We stopped at a place where they produce some kind of ceramics. They had a room filled with rokuro (in japanese, in swedish it's called drejskiva, and in english I have No clue!)
It was So much fun!!!! So relaxing to do something with your hands and get away from the studies.
At first we were supposed to select two objects we'd like to do. I took a mug and a bowl. Then we sat down at a prepared rokuro and there were 3 young men (kind of interesting, and no one really figured out how they ended up there, but they were good at what they were doing) to help us. At first I was supposed to do the mug. It didn't end up anything like the prototype, but I liked it so much better that way.
The bowl I also took some artistic liberties with, that weren't too appreciated. When I felt like I was done, the nice guy came by and asked (once again sceptically) if I were happy with the result. I nodded enthusiastically (I'm going blind here trying to stare my way to the right spelling o_O) and he didn't look all to happy about it.
As the nice girl I am, I tried to correct my "mistake" by rearranging it a bit, which just led to a total dissaster. The bowl collapsed and he looked at my smiling "kowachatta" with a look that Could have said something like this "gawdh, jefla tjej alltså" but I don't know.
He came by and took the mess away and said that well, at least there's some clay left so we (read: him) can make a small bowl for you.
So he almost did all the work and left the last to me. I don't know if it will be big enough to eat anything out of, but hopefully it will be useful for Something.
And I hope my teamuh doesn't shrink to much in the owen. A teamug is Supposed to be huge!

Well. After that we was placed on the bus once again and driven away to a place where we got to paint on plates and mugs and stuff. I took a plate, and since I'm not to well known as a good painter I took out all my ångest and made.. well. I honestly don't know what to call it, but it's commonly known as the Ångest-tallrik. I named it Ebi though, and after further visitation I realized that I by accident painted a shrimp in the middle of hit.
Heyhey.

In the evening people were scheduled to go to a nearby karaokebar. I, together with Filip, Björn and Jonas, felt that I didn't have enough money for a pleasure like that, so we stayed at Gakugaiken playing lovesoap. A cardgame where you have a few characters as in say big brother or similar soapshows, and every "week" one contestant is voted out of the house. It was darn much fun, but at 2 a.m. we felt that we started to drift away and our concentration sank low and we decided that I had won.

Just recalled. We had a Noh-demonstration last tuesday. Was kind of interesting, but I mostly looked at their clothes. I wanted to touch them, and see how they were made and steal them home for my own. But I didn't.

Back to saturday.
Woke up early, 7 to be exact. Didn't feel like going up, so I slept to 8. Didn't feel to wake up then either so I dreamt scary dreams until 9 and gave up.
Waited for the others to wake up and told Manaka I didn't want to go to make Batik. She was a bit sad about the fact, but later I found out that they only had blue color, and I don't like blue. So it was for the best.
And besides. The reason I told Manaka I should come in the first place was just because I wanted something to do, and be a bit creative. But my creativity was satisfied with the rokuro, and Björn decided to not go as well. And Jonas and Filip didn't go to Nagoya so we went up to Gifu-Jo instead (pictures at Resedagboken)
We took the steap way up. Maybe a 40-45 minutes climb. Well at the top we went inside the castle. Lots and lots of different cool stuff and a magnificant view. Unfortunately the weather wasn't as cleared as we would have liked it, but still it was pretty amazing.
Took the "meditation" road back down. A bit easier way and maybe 30 minutes. The way down is always easier (gee, I wonder why ;P)

Afterwards I was supposed to go to a concert with the schoolorchestra, but neither Björn nor me felt very genki. So we went home, took a shower and started our evening of doing absolutely nothing.
Everyone was rather ungenki around dinnertime, and Roger, Peter, Simon and Harnesk had gone to Nagoya for some nighttime fun.
Kenji arrived a bit afterwards with his mood high as ever. Followed by some non-tutors we suspected that they definitely didn't want to sit around doing nothing all evening, and we ended up having the best spontaneous party so far.
After some warming up I came up with the brilliant idea of making a Twister, and so we did. Not the most pretty Twister I've seen, but fully functional. A very nice way of coming a bit closer to our japanese friends.
At 3 a.m. someone got the idea of (once again) go to karaoke. I didn't follow (this night either) and Ellen, Jonas, and Filip didn't as well. We stayed at Gakugaiken and helpt cleaning up a bit.

The morning after I woke up at 11. Late to be me, but I felt great. Did some laundry and went down for breakfast at 12. At 2 I got Björn out of bed and we went down to Valor for some shopping. Bought myself a hairdryer, that now when I think about it wasn't at all worth the 1500 yen I paid for it. Anyways. Did some weekly shopping and went back home. I was the only one genki enough to actually want to do anything (one of the positive, but yet negative effect of not drinking alcohol)

And since I haven't written in a while, I've found The fetaste playground Ever!
It's like Fångarna på fortet, but Outside!
Climbingnets All over the place, and even a Loop!! I just Have to go there someday! But as I said, noone is as genki as I am (well, Jonas is, but he never wants to go) and to go to a japanese playground to play all by yourself is a bit creepy o_O

Well. Hm. Yesterday we went to Masa and tried to find a white shirt for me. It's hard when you're not the average sized japanese, so I went home with a package of frozen vegetables.

Today the korean people has arrived, and it will be interesting to go back to Gakugaiken and have a look. I'm really curious about them!!!

And I've found my paradise over here. Thanks to Johanna-sempai I've rediscovered Amica. I thought about going there the first week or so, but I never did and it fell out of my mind.
Then she reminded me and I found kikärtor, mungbeans, and kilos of raisins!
A very neat store, me likey very much ^^

And Blogger seems to hate me today. I can't upload any images, which kind of Sucks big time!
Ah well. You'll just have to wait til next time.

Take care everyone!!

See you soon.