söndag, juni 11, 2006

A rainy sunday.

Look sis!! Rullpizza!!
We found this (very very tiny) rullpizza in Nagoya when we sat down for some lunch. I just Had to have it.
So systra mi, rullpizza is no longer available only in Umeå, even though I must say that the Rullpizza there slår Nagoyas med hästlängder!!


Also, I would like to answer Hjalmars question.
No. Ellen is Not the place to go when your sick, she's the one who Got sick. Maybe my bad english couldn't formulate that sentence correctly, but that's what I meant. ;)

Anyways. Been some days since my last post, and a lot of things have happened. Luckily, I've written a journal by hand so I just have to translate it and re-type it here.

So. Where to begin!?

I believe I'll just try to post the things I've written in my journal. Momentarily thoughts of anything and nothing.

Everything in this country smells like sushi. Not fish-sushi, but soy-sushi. (I connect the smell of soy with sushi) or something alike. So you don't have to associate badly when I say that even my towel smelled like sushi the other day.

And I hate the fact that you're allowed to smoke at this internetcafe. It doesn't feel like a very good idea then to stay very long. =/ And I want to update this blog properly so you actually have something to lay your time on. ^^

OCH DOM ÄCKLIGA JAPANERNA SITTER OCH NYSER!!
(läs: Ingela tycker inte om folk som nyser)

Anyways. Bought my camera this morning. Went to Nagoya yesterday just to realize that they don't have international guarantee anywhere in this country, and to find out that the price was 10.000 yen more.
So I just bought a memorycard and a cameracase. Just to go back to Yamada denki here in Gifu to find out that their new drive this week Also was to increase the price, BUT give you 10.000 yen on a pointcard for discount on your Next purchase.
I even wrote a nice little poem about it yesterday evening.
Jag skulle vilja ha en plats här där ångesten inte är så stor
Jag skulle vilja ha en plats där japanska poängsystem icke bor

Yeah, I was kind of fucked up yesterday. ;P
But I went down to Yamada this morning anyways and bought my camera. Jonas said he could buy my pointcard and buy his Ipod with it.
It's a very nice black Olympys Sp-350.
So now I just have to take some pictures and figure out how I can upload the images here. :P
The manual however is in japanese, so it's learning by doing on the menu. ;)

And oh! Hopefully I'll get the picture of my injury up as soon as I can steal it from Björns computer.
The first day (I don't believe I've told you this yet) I fell with my bike. I was just going to check if the saddle and everything was okey in hight and when I stopped the bike continued and I made a very impressive roll around on the courtyard!? (det var en massa grus iaf)
And the Japanese worried to death (or well, almost at least ;) And now I have two very nice waveshaped scars with a nice bluish frame around them on my right calf. Kind of easthetic. I might be morbide, but they actually have a nice shape. I wonder if it will be a remaining scarification. ;)

Och inte nog med att japanerna ska röka här, de ska Låta en massa när de gör det också.

And yes, this blog will be a place where you can read All about my complains and BS that goes around in my head. ;)

Another thing I've noticed is that they only have coldwater everywhere besides the shower. The sinks in the kitchen indicates that there should be warmwater, but I haven't suceeded in finding it yet.
And the fact that public toilets are free (and fresh) so far is a huge plus.

I found a huge shoestore and tried to find a pair of low sandals, but the ones that actually was comfortable and good-locking wasn't available in my size. And shoesizes are divided in 4 sizes. S, M, L and LL. And LL is Just about my size, at least when it comes to open sandals.
But I've found really nice porrskor (you know what that means sis ;P)
The context of this is that I still haven't found another pair of shoes.

Anyways. We've found ourselves to the hyakuenshop we're I will shop a lot at the end of this visit (different kind of krimskrams.. I like krimskrams)

I just have to keep my economyplan so I have some money left for Tokyo. o_O
It's not that much fun that I have to count my coins (I guess that's a figure of speech in swedish?) but what can I do!?
If someone wants to make a donation you're more than welcome. ;)

Another reflection is that bikelanes are non-existant. And me on a bike is lethal. At least for me. ;)
I guess I'll have to ride the ambulance at Some point this stay. ;D I'm very good at ignoring all kind of cartraffic. ;D

And I've bought my denshi Jisho now. A very neat little white Canon, caged in an even nicer orange case. I'm very happy with it, even though I haven't used it very much yet. o_O
Maybe that will come with time.

Yepp yepp.
We've arrived at fridays happenings (going forward ey)
All morning we spent doing practically nothing, but at 4.30 we were put on a bus and driven to school. There we got free food and drinks and had to hold Jikoshokais in a microphone in front of everyone.
And STILL, I haven't found a Japanese who knows what Taido is! BUT! (Sister, happy happy, joy joy) Timor have trained Taido some years ago. Though he's only 6th kyuu, he has agreed on training with me and I will teach him all I know and remember and at the end of my visit we will go a match him and me.
Björn will take care of all the betting. ;)
I also tried to teach some of Tutors ebi-geri with various results. I did the moves, Timor did the talking. ^^

He also brought a playstation with Soul Calibur 3, so now he's officially my hero here in Gifu. :D
And another fett najs fighting game that I (of course) don't recall the name of. But I will look into it and post it later on. I just have to get better at it. :P

They also forced me to eat Natto (after I fled 2 times up to my room) but I only took one bean and let the hashis go far down my throat until I dropped it and swallowed. No toungetouching, no taste. ;P Just slimy and disgusting and something I'll never do again (and hopefully the others are satisfied enough not to try to make me do it again)

Hm. Yesterdays journal is mostly ångest so I keep it secure inside my book I think o_O

And I've experienced the first encounter with a japanese moppe-gang. Not a very nice one, because I wanted to sleep.

And ebi-chan (my nickname that Björn has given me) is also a nickname of a semi-famous model here in Japan. Cool, I thought, until I learned What she was a model for.
*drumroll*
She's a model for McDonalds Ebi-burger.
Yeay

And sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here.
I tried to talk to a Tutor this morning. I woke up early and she came in to eat her breakfast. So I thought that hm, maybe it will be easier to have a conversation when you're alone. But hell no, I'm as käss in japanese even when I don't have other people around me making me nervous.

Hopefully that will get better.

So. Now my journal came to and end and we're at this present moment. Björn is skyping right next to me and I'm thinking of flirting a bit with him to get some words with someone back home. It would feel quite nice in this present state.

Otherwise I have to find a yuubinkyoku and buy some stamps.

On my way home I will try to visit K's denki to look for a better cameracase and maybe stop by the hyakuen shop and try to buy some temporary happiness.

And don't worry, this melancholy is överkomlig. I'm not as depressed as I sound, I'm just a girl.
In a day or two I will be my normal Genki self again.

Over and out.

And btw. EVERYTHING in Japan comes with Green-tea flavour o_O

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

PUVS! hehe så roligt att läsa det du skriver, du har sån sjuk bra humor, me like alot! Ha det bra mailar snart, mkt att berätta!!!

Älskar dig!

juni 11, 2006 8:32 em  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Fast grönt te är ju jävligt gött tycker jag... Om att allt luktar sushi, det är inte så att det luktar sjögräs? Vill minnas att jag tyckte att mycket luktar sjögräs i Japan.

juni 12, 2006 4:29 fm  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home